FORUM JACQUES VILLENEUVE LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Videochat
Connectez votre webcam et venez discuter sur Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
--------
Go and chat with webcam on Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Funko POP! Jumbo One Piece Kaido Dragon Form : où l’acheter ?
Voir le deal

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks

+19
Zacthedog
lastgard
C.B.
Anstor
Dantech
BradPitStop
slick
kineticKid
Kurski
SamYang
Simon
fish
Stefdy68
Monte Cristo
ZingBot
SpeedMetal
abf1
zigzag
Cassee
23 posters

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next

Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 5 Empty Re: Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks

Post  abf1 Thu 15 Nov - 14:27

Welcome CB.

I though too that he could make the move on HRT, but it is not realistic isn't it ?

abf1
Irrecuperable / Grand malade

http://www.mypitstop.fr

Back to top Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 5 Empty Re: Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks

Post  C.B. Thu 15 Nov - 14:41

Not to sure what J.V.'s up to. Remeber the last time he came out of the blue and announced he was pursuing a F1 Team. Villeneuve Racing. He was putting an application in and said he had 3 years of funding. I know times have changed and I think the funding was coming from the Middle East. Pretty sure that resource has dried up. I hate when all is quiet when in comes to Jacques driving plans!
C.B.
C.B.
C.B.
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  zigzag Thu 15 Nov - 23:47

His plans for buying a team seems far behind him!
zigzag
zigzag

Back to top Go down

Post  ZingBot Sun 18 Nov - 21:36

Just saw this tweet

Goutham Venkatesan‏@GouthamGmv

AMuS reporting Jacques Villeneuve in contact with Force India for the second seat. You gotta be frigging kidding me.

Don't know who or what AMuS is.

It is probably a joke. But on the French side they are saying that JV will not be attending his induction into the Quebec sports hall of fame because he is in Europe on urgent business.

You would think someone would want to be present when being inducted into a sports hall of fame. Aside from racing related business, what would be so urgent for JV in Europe?
ZingBot
ZingBot
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Mon 19 Nov - 4:53

I like that option zingbot! Shocked

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  abf1 Mon 19 Nov - 8:13

Thanks ZingBot for your report, but I don't believe Jacques is in Europe for a Force India seat.
F1 is over, forget it.

abf1

http://www.mypitstop.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Mon 19 Nov - 21:14

Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Tue 20 Nov - 0:26

Nice work Anstor! Very Happy

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Tue 20 Nov - 19:01

Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 5 Empty Jacques Villeneuve spotted with Dr Vijay Mallya Force India F1 Team Owner:

Post  C.B. Tue 20 Nov - 22:14

May 2008

C.B.
C.B.
C.B.
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Wed 21 Nov - 3:54

Sad

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 24 Nov - 21:17

Joann Villeneuve: When Ferrari called, we thought it was a joke

STAR EXCLUSIVE:

An interview with Joann Villeneuve, by Norris McDonald
http://thestar.blogs.com/autoracing/2012/11/joann-villeneuve-when-ferrari-called-we-thought-it-was-a-joke.html

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Invité Sat 24 Nov - 22:38

Thanks Cassee ! Very Happy

Invité

Back to top Go down

Post  BradPitStop Sun 25 Nov - 2:29

Thanks for that. What a nice find. Smile
BradPitStop
BradPitStop
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Mon 26 Nov - 11:31

Nice interview, indeed! cheers

http://www.lhf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Mon 26 Nov - 16:35

Yeah! What a Face

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  zigzag Wed 28 Nov - 0:06

To me, that was normal driving.
Cool
zigzag
zigzag

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Wed 28 Nov - 2:17

Shocked

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Fri 30 Nov - 3:07

Thanks Cassee!

On the Camaro picture, the Skiroule's sponsor, my uncle was working directly with Gilles when he was racing Skiroule' snowmobiles... My uncle was in charge of the R&D department and developping the racing capabilities of Skiroule...

What a Face

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 1 Dec - 17:39

SpeedMetal wrote:Thanks Cassee!

On the Camaro picture, the Skiroule's sponsor, my uncle was working directly with Gilles when he was racing Skiroule' snowmobiles... My uncle was in charge of the R&D department and developping the racing capabilities of Skiroule...

What a Face

What a nice connection Speedmetal!

I can really see JV in some of the photos of Gilles. I think its the eyes and mouth.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Mon 3 Dec - 13:13

What a Face

Both of them were sometimes working alone late in the shop, until 4:00am, sleeping directly on the floor beside the machine and then, when the sun was rising, Gilles was going to test the ride, until he brokes...

He was walking to the nearest house to call, my uncle was going to get Gilles and they were discussing the modifications; meanwhile, a team was going to get the snowmobile...

At that time, I didn't know that. When Gilles had his accident, I cried just because I was already conscious of the kind of person the Quebec lost...

Few years later, I had a discussion with my uncle revealing the whole story... I was amazed and proud. Further this work at Skiroule, he took back the family farm. I made hey a few years with him when I was around 9 to 12 years old.

My uncle is a hell of a person. Weighting about 130lbs but strong has a bull. The less I can say: he really has guts.

At the age of about 50, I saw him make a jump (on his old skiroule) of about 10 feets in the air, with an empty sleigh attached...

I am sure that my "speed genes" are coming from this side of the families... Though, his son is the only other one that I have respect (in the families) on what he can do in regard of the piloting on 2 Yamaha Banshee (one for the fun, the other for the race)... He can also pull endless wheelies on a four wheel drive ATV...

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 5 3826141252

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Mon 3 Dec - 14:10

Very interesting SpeedMetal.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SamYang Wed 23 Jan - 22:21

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/supertourisme-villeneuve-and-loeb-to-contest-gp-of-pau?artid=151977&utm_medium=feeds&utm_source=feed-all&utm_campaign=feeds

Several big names of motorsport, including Jacques Villeneuve and Sebastien Loeb, are expected to compete in the 2-litre Supertouring race to be held at the Grand Prix of Pau in May.

Villeneuve, who competes in selected events (he runs in the Andros Trophy ice racing series this winter), will drive a Silhouette car in the new series created by Jean-Philippe Dayraut. It will be a first experience in this type of car for Villeneuve.

Sebastien Loeb will also be competing. The Frenchman -- the nine-time World Rally Champion -- is progressively moving to road racing. Last year, he won both French Porsche Carrera Cup races staged in the streets of Pau.

Both Villeneuve and Loeb could be joined by three-time World Touring Car Champion Yvan Muller. Muller, who still has to finalize a racing program after Chevrolet’s withdrawal from the WTCC, could enter the 2-litre Supertouring race in Pau if he’s not forced to contest the Austrian round of the WTCC held that same weekend, May 18-19.

SamYang
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 5 Empty The tests of Formula 1 according to Jacques Villeneuve

Post  Anstor Fri 8 Feb - 19:58

The tests of Formula 1 according to Jacques Villeneuve

The 1997 F1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve, spearhead of the team of commentators for Sky Sports F1 HD for the World Cup 2013 F1, spoke this afternoon live on Sky Sport 24 HD.

MILAN - The 1997 F1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve, spearhead of the team of commentators for Sky Sports F1 HD for the World Cup 2013 F1, spoke this afternoon live on Sky Sport 24 HD.

Alonso has decided not to take part in the first test, while Hamilton is the first with the Mercedes crashed straight to straight. It is so nice to start ...

When it gets bad, normally makes you think the season will go wrong, it is often the case. He took a great risk from the McLaren Mercedes to go, because all the other years have begun or good or average, but during the years have gone from bad to worse. If you look at Michael (Schumacher, ed) last year made a pole, the best time in Monaco, and then during the season the car was going more slowly. Alonso had an incredible season last year, which certainly has a lot physically and mentally tired, so having a little 'more time to recover now I think it's useful, because Felipe (Massa, ed) at year-end was really strong and began testing strong too. Alonso gave so much energy all year round, after the last race I think it was completely dead tired, psychologically as well. Take a little 'more holiday now it will only go more during the season.

How much time did you need to recover after a season?

It depends. If you have no choice if you have to go back to work we go. But if you can have him now ... And the Ferrari is quite important, so you can choose from. If you can make a choice is because maybe the car is not yet completely new pieces are missing and it is better to run only Felipe that develops now that it's nice and cool.

Vettel: why do you think the eyes of the people, despite having won three world titles, yet he lacks something to prove?

Why is it still errors, because if you look you see a child who has yet to grow. Even though he has three world championships, he is missing something and makes mistakes that beginners usually do. It 'a shame because it is very fast.

But it is a bit 'cocky?

When you get so fast that you win instantly yes, because when he was at Toro Rosso and won a GP was quieter and quieter. Since he arrived at Red Bull, I do not know if the pressure or the fact that you have a great team behind him to also have Adrian Newey which is the best race engineer, reacts badly with pressure.

We are in an era of F1 with many good characters also different style, not only driving, but also in private life.
There is a mixture: there are drivers that are outstanding as Alonso, Hamilton who also have personality. These few drivers hide the fact that the others are non-existent.

After these tests, as we have to be optimistic about the Ferrari?

It 's very difficult (say, ed), because there are teams waiting for the last day to put the new pieces, not to show that are fast, others are under weight, it is very difficult to judge from the first test. What you can see is if the machine is sturdy, do long runs, if it stays or not, you are able to do Tempone or not. As a driver you are able to see if the car was born well, if you like to drive, then it becomes possible to develop it. If the first few laps instead you speak evil, does not work as you want, all season you can not do anything with this machine.

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 5 Photo.php?fbid=544815768875953&set=a.192063270817873.46224
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 16 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10 ... 16  Next