FORUM JACQUES VILLENEUVE LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Videochat
Connectez votre webcam et venez discuter sur Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
--------
Go and chat with webcam on Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache Runner
Voir le deal
69.99 €

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship

+11
fish
ledug
lastgard
sessions
Simon
kineticKid
Monte Cristo
abf1
SpeedMetal
PleinGaz
Cassee
15 posters

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship - Page 4 Empty Re: F1 - Formula 1 World Championship

Post  sessions Sun 3 Apr - 16:01

You know my love for JV, but my hope is fading. Our boy has to get some action going somewhere.

sessions No

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

F1 - Formula 1 World Championship - Page 4 Empty Re: F1 - Formula 1 World Championship

Post  SpeedMetal Wed 13 Apr - 20:48

Hey, sessions, I have to admit that you made a good call about Nick and the surprising Renault... Stunning...

Last edited by SpeedMetal on Fri 15 Apr - 0:45; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling mistakes)

SpeedMetal
Irrecuperable / Grand malade

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyria Thu 14 Apr - 15:32

Have to admit, I am following Vettel this year so the season has got off to a good start from my perspective. Though saying that I don't want him to have it his own way all season, I'd like to see him work for his wins a little more. Mind you if they don't sort out that KERS pretty soon he might have to.

So far it's been pretty good, I hope we get a good race in China, though those tyres worry me a bit, they degrade really badly and the marbles are apparently quite hard when they hit you. It will be interesting to see how good the wet tyres are as well.

The Renaults obviously had rocket launchers given their start in Malaysia, what a start they had, totally caught the McLarens out.
Lyria
Lyria
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

http://forum.grandprix.com/index.php

Back to top Go down

Post  kineticKid Thu 14 Apr - 18:17

The Renaults always seem to have good starts, going even as far back as 2005. I also think Nick had something to do with it, as I believe he has the best first corner instincts in F1.

I enjoy Vettel but I find myself drawn to cheering for Webber to catch up with him, as I have a tendency to pull for the old dogs. I also wish Vettel would put away his finger.

I thought Cassee might like this:

EmailPrintVitaly Petrov thinks that rubber marbles on the track may have contributed towards his spectacular exit from the Malaysian Grand Prix.

The Russian ran wide at Turn 8 near the end of the race - but as he tried to power back onto the track he hit a bump in the grass that launched him high into the air.

The impact when he landed broke a steering column mount and Petrov was forced to retire on the spot.

Petrov said he was not entirely sure what had caused the accident - but thinks that a chunk of rubber marble may have contributed.

"To be honest I still don't understand what I did," Petrov told AUTOSPORT. "The corner is difficult, but to be honest you try to not win so much on this corner.

"There were two laps to go. I knew Lewis [Hamilton] was behind me, and I knew the tyres were quite good as I showed the fastest laps.

"I think I picked up just a little bit of rubber, and as soon as you take one piece of rubber, you have a little bit of understeer. I think I had this little bit of understeer and then I went wider and wider. You should be able to come back to the track there, so I just kept going but then I hit the big bump."

Although Petrov's launch into the air looked spectacular, the Renault driver insists he was not scared.

"It is not scary. You know it will be a big shunt but it is scarier when you see a wall when you are crashing."

Petrov does believe, however, that the bump he hit should be looked at because it could cause another accident in the future.

"I know it is difficult, but it should be less bumpy because can you imagine what would have happened if something happened differently. You could have quite a big crash."

As DC poinbted out, Petorv picked up marbles because he missed the racing line in that corner. He needs to find more consistency and avoid silly mistakes like that late in the race, as he did in Korea last year.

kineticKid
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Fri 15 Apr - 0:49

kinetickid, I do agree, however I appreciate that Petrov is admitting the story.

Also, I guess you are pretty satisfied with Nick's last race? If I remember well, you had good expectations for him. cheers

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyria Fri 15 Apr - 12:07

kineticKid I like Webber too, he had a really good drive in Malaysia after being so badly swamped at the start. It's good to see a driver fighting back to get a good result like that.

As for Renault, I know they have had good starts for a long time but it's a while since we've seen something as significant as that at the last race.

I have to admit I am shocked by both the Hispania's being faster than the Virgin's in second practice today!! I mean what the heck? That is some update they've put on the car, they stand a chance of not qualifying last for once!
Shocked
Lyria
Lyria
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 17 Apr - 16:47

That was a good race. Nice seeing Webber battle for a podium. Hamilton proved how he's championship material.

I'm starting to like Massa again. What's going on with Alonso?

Button???? I'm sure that would be something I would do if I reincarnated into an F1 driver.

Enjoyed seeing MS battling. Rosberg still has it over MS.

I don't have a clear favourite who I want to win.

I tend to favour Heidfeld, Massa, Alonso and Webber. Maybe Perez after he gets some experience.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  kineticKid Mon 18 Apr - 5:21

SpeedMetal wrote:kinetickid, I do agree, however I appreciate that Petrov is admitting the story.

Also, I guess you are pretty satisfied with Nick's last race? If I remember well, you had good expectations for him. cheers

Today was dissapointing for Nick, as I was pleased with just about every other aspect of the race. Nick has an uncanny ability to know just the right moment to switch tyres, which should serve him well this year.

Time to stoke the Vettel/Webber rivalry. As we now have a Vettel fan on the board, what did u make of Mark's comment in the post race presser regarding how it was good that someone finally beat Seb?

Today showed that it's no longer enough to have the quickest car and qualify on pole in order to win in F1. You need to be quick on both tyres, make the right strategy calls, have the driver conserve his tyres, defend your position, and overtake promptly so as not to lose excessive time behind a slower car. Oh, and you also need avoid pitting in a rival team's box....

I don't think DRS is necessary with the tyres we have now. I cringe when a car is passed in the middle of a straight before the braking zone. I applaud Pirelli. Paul Hembrey has sounded defensive in his PR due to the criticism from pampered drivers in winter testing, but always maintained his resolve regarding producing tyres that would create exciting racing.

Other random thoughts:

Vettel showed some great racing acumen by pausing at the apex of the last hairpin when he was under attack from Hamilton in the closing laps in order to stifle Hamilton's superior acceleration due to KERS. Ultimately Hamilton got past, and it was nice to see passing in multiple corners, not just at a hairpin at the end of the straight. I don't think Vettel expected an overtake at such a high speed corner.

Despite Webber's charge from 18th to 3rd, I didn't think he was all that spectacular. He spent too much time stuck behind slower cars, and somehow still finished within 7 sec of the leader. Bizarre.

Good to see Schumacher in the thick of it. Speaking of Schummel, Vettel reminded me of him with his chopping maneouvres after his poor start. It makes no sense that Lulu got penalized for weaving in Malaysia and vettel gets nothing for pushing it much further off the start in Shanghai

kineticKid
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyria Mon 18 Apr - 7:04

Okay, we'll start with the start. Martin Brundle explained how the FIA have said they pretty much ignore weaving for the first half of the first lap as if they tried to punish all the people who do that they'd spend the first half of the race looking at the footage of the start and handing out penalties. It seems to be seen as okay to do that off the line, not sure that's a good thing but it's accepted by the FIA so who are we to judge?

Webber saying it's good to see someone beat Vettel, well we all know that those two are rivals who had some needle last year. I don't pay much mind to it really, he couldn't beat Seb though could he? He's in the same damn car as well so all he did was sound a little bitter to me. It's mind games I would say, they all do it and it's apparently started early this year. If I were Seb it would inspire me to do even better just to prove him wrong, but that's probably just me Laughing

The race was full of overtaking and that is good. Thing I am asking myself is, with all these aids like KERS and the DRS is it really about the skill of the driver anymore? I mean position your car right and press the correct buttons then you get a jet boost by the car in front is how it seems to me. I will admit I did enjoy the overtaking, it wasn't boring in any way, but I do wonder if it's ultimately a good thing.

No cars retired due to driver error, that was good, just poor Alguersauri who was left with three wheels on his wagon. The other howler of the race was of course Jenson Button who I imagine was as red as his overalls inside that helmet after his howler in the pit lane. How embarrassing. Mind you he's not the first to do it, didn't Fisichella do something similar a few years back? Plus of course Jenson handed Seb a place as a result so I approved Wink

The tyres are good but there was an awful lot of rubber on the track at the end and those bits seem to fly high and hard when they do come off it seems too. Hope that doesn't become an issue.

Schumacher finally had a good race, Rosberg helped him to give Mercedes a better weekend and Paul Di Resta is doing really well in the Force India so far. Webber drove well but at the start of the race he was nowhere, how he found the pace to get where he did I have no idea, I was impressed by him but I'd have been even more impressed if I hadn't seen a Sauber overtaking him earlier in the race! Laughing
Lyria
Lyria
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  kineticKid Mon 18 Apr - 16:48

Thanks Lyria, I wasn't aware the FIA said they wouldn't be meting out discipline to drivers weaving off the start. That would explain the lack of penalty, but provides no rationale for it on the part of the FIA. It makes the penalties on Hamilton and Alonso look even more ridiculous.

When Hamilton and Webber were beaming about their great races, Vettel astutely pointed out in the post race presser that he was the only driver on the podium who stopped twice, as the 3 stopper was the way to go. Massa was the next closest, 10 sec down the road in 6th with 2 stops.

Mclaren admitted they planned for 2 stops for both their drivers but came in open minded based on feedback from the drivers regarding tyre wear. Vettel had radio problems throughout so that might explain why Red bull weren't able to switch him to 3 stops.

kineticKid
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  sessions Mon 18 Apr - 18:04

Good comments.
What's the deal on some smaller infractions shown on TV like crossing the white on pit exiting or Alonso opening the wing in the wrong area ?
Granted it was an exciting race; I hope we'll get more of the same this season. Really don't like the tyre situation that creates the off-line marbles. There must be something Pirelli can do to make them rubber in as the Bridgestone's did or the way the Firestone's do in Indy Car and NASCAR. I too was hoping for better results from Heidfeld. most likely next race. It might have been a little more exciting had Mercedes GP put enough fuel in their cars to not be forced to dial them back. All and all a fun race to view.

sessions cheers

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyria Tue 19 Apr - 6:00

Hi sessions, Smile

I can't claim to know how Massa got away with cutting the white line coming out of the pit, though did he cross it on the track or just before the track started, if it was before he was on the track proper maybe that explains it. Regarding Alonso's wing issue, that apparently was a 'glitch in the system' and according to what I read it did him more harm than good so no penalty was necessary. I'll find the link to what I read so you can read it yourself.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/formula_one/13109394.stm

Yes Vettel was the fastest of the two stoppers and he couldn't get on the radio and ask to swap to three as you rightly say. He did the best he could with what he had and let's face it, second is hardly shabby is it?

It seems you need to have as many new tyres as you can when it comes to a race, Webber showed that, maybe getting pole isn't as important these days as it wastes too much good rubber just getting it and you lose far more than you gain later on in the race.
Lyria
Lyria
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Wed 4 May - 21:18

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  abf1 Tue 10 May - 7:17

So what about last race in Turkey guys ?

abf1

http://www.mypitstop.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyria Thu 12 May - 12:35

Another good race for my boy Vettel Smile

Have to say I am not convinced by all this overtaking, it feels too contrived to me. Okay so you have to catch someone etc. but once you're there it's press a couple of buttons and you sail by with them unable to defend in any way. Yes the more overtaking is fun but for me it's not really F1 as I want to see it.

The tyre situation is a little too much as well, all those pitstops you could barely keep up with who was where and so on throughout the race.

I know I should be happy, we all wanted more exciting races and we have them but for me it still doesn't feel right somehow.
Lyria
Lyria
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 14 May - 23:54

You picked a winner with Vettel Lyria.
Webber doesn't seem to have it but it's a long season. Is there something going on in the background with Webber? It wouldn't be like him to keep his mouth shut if there is.

I'm still hoping for Alonso. He's the other real talent.

Have to admit that my respect for Hamilton has multiplied. Not so with Button.

I think Kers plus the adjustable wing is a bit much. One would be sufficient.

I like that the tires don't last but maybe they could last a bit longer.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 15 May - 1:47

Michael Schumacher 'finds it tough to be middle-of-the-road'

http://www.metro.co.uk/sport/862797-michael-schumacher-finds-it-tough-to-be-middle-of-the-road
Michael Schumacher seems to have hit a mental wall and doesn't seem to be enjoying life in Formula One this season, argues Adam Hay-Nicholls.

Having made mistakes in both qualifying and the race in Istanbul, you can tell from his body language he is starting to question himself.

The seven-time world champion even went as far as to admit the ‘big joy’ has gone out of his racing.

One argument is he doesn’t know how to drive in the midfield, having fought from the front his whole career.

His reaction to Vitaly Petrov’s manoeuvre was not the smartest, turning in on the Russian who clearly had the corner, and losing his front wing in the process. It didn’t work against Jacques Villeneuve either, did it Michael?
The 42-year-old is frustrated, and it’s affecting his driving. Contrary to popular belief, Michael has never been ice-cool under pressure. When the going gets tough, he makes rookie errors.

But I think we might be seeing a new Schumacher-style era – and Schuey isn’t invited. I’m talking, of course, of Baby Schuey; Sebastian Vettel. He’s got it all – the skill, the car, the tyre management and pretty solid reliability.

The difference between Michael’s heyday and today is there is a higher level of talent across the board. And that goes to show the car is still king.

We were lucky in the last five years things in the technical department had been more-closely matched. In the RB7, though, we haven’t seen a car look this dominant since Ferrari’s F2004.

Ironically, it is Michael who has drawn our attention to the problem. Red Bull Racing, he says, have ignored the cost-saving pact the teams agreed, under pressure from Max Mosley, in 2009.

If Red Bull are forced to reign in their spending, we may see others catch up.

Mika Hakkinen was the last man, after Vettel, to score four poles from the first four races back in 1999. And yes, he did win the title that year, but only by two points and only because Michael broke his legs.

How long before we see Michael with his feet up again?

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 15 May - 1:54

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Fri 18 Nov - 15:42

Renault boss Eric Boullier says Vitaly Petrov incident is closed
By Pablo Elizalde Friday, November 18th 2011, 15:13 GMT
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/96335

Renault boss Eric Boullier says the 'matter is closed' after Vitaly Petrov apologised for having been critical of his team's performance after the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

The Russian launched an attack on the team on Russian television after the race, but wrote a letter to Renault staff on Friday to apologise for his comments, saying they have been "inappropriate" and "unnecessary."

Boullier said the outburst was simply an incident that showed Petrov is human and that he now considers the matter is closed.

"The interview was made minutes after Vitaly jumped out of the car last Sunday," said Boullier on Renault's website.

"The race was tough, he was upset not to have scored points, he was exhausted. Drivers are not robots, they're human beings. Also, like every driver, Vitaly is a competitor. Had he been on the podium in Abu Dhabi, he would have complained about not winning the race.

"We take this incident as exactly this - an incident. Vitaly has apologised to the team and sent an email to all the staff at Enstone. As far as we are concerned, the matter is closed."

------------
smooth talking Boullier - what a snake

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sat 26 Nov - 18:03

Raikkonen to Renault?
http://formula-1.updatesport.com/news/article/1322307205/formula_one/F1headlines/Raikkonen-for-Renault/view.html

The future of former world champion Kimi Raikkonen continues to be the subject of rumours linking him with a return to Formula One next season.

It is well known that Raikkonen has been in negotiation with the Williams team but recent stories have hinted that these talks have now ended with the Finn demanding more than the team was willing to pay.

Some sources now insist that Raikkonen is in talks with Renault – to become Lotus-Renault next season – and that, as with the proposed Williams deal, the outcome hinges on him securing equity in the team.

Lotus-Renault already has a surfeit of drivers with Vitaly Petrov, Bruno Senna and Romain Grosjean on the books, and it is thought most likely that Senna will make way for either Grosjean or, should the current rumours prove true, Raikkonen.

Meanwhile, sources in Germany are reporting that Force India driver Adrian Sutil is about to be announced as a Williams driver for 2012, the German taking the place of Rubens Barrichello.

It'd be a shame if Senna gets booted. He's a much better driver than Petrov.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  zigzag Tue 29 Nov - 18:45

zigzag
zigzag

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Wed 30 Nov - 13:51

zigzag wrote:It's official.
Kimi at Lotus/Renault

http://www.lotusrenaultgp.com/8042-Kimi-Raikonnen.html?lang=en

Thanks ZigZag.

Kimi is the teflon kid. He can crash a car over and over and not get criticized but Montoya gets crucified.

He gets fired but cuz he leaves with so much Ferrari money, nobody criticizes him.

He's the only person asking for big bucks while everyone else has to bring sponsors.

Cuz this was Boullier's decision, Boullier can never criticize him.

He's the only person that can attract sponsors by saying nothing.

I think the only way he can get away with everything is cuz he really doesn't give a dam.

I really wish him the best and look forward to seeing him on the track but if things don't work out, Kimi will just take the money and move on.

'We convinced Kimi to come back' - Boullier
ESPNF1 Staff
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/65779.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Renault Renault team principal Eric Boullier believes his team's potential convinced Kimi Raikkonen to return to Formula One.

The 2007 world champion has signed a two-year deal with the team that will see him return to the sport after a two-year absence. Boullier said the news was positive for the team and proof that it was on the right track for the future.

"It is good news for the sport and of course it is good news for the team," Boullier said. "Strategically, it is good to have a big name, a high class driver and Formula One world champion to join us. He is committed to racing for us and he is definitely a very good character with the experience he has from driving for McLaren and Ferrari. Also, to have someone like Kimi signing with us shows that the package we have offered was good enough - we convinced Kimi to come back to Formula One!"

Raikkonen is adamant he has the motivation to make a successful comeback, but said his two biggest challenges for 2012 would be learning to use the Pirelli tyres and building up his neck muscles. There will be just three four-day tests ahead of the start of the season, but Boullier said Raikkonen will be able to hone his skills and fitness using the team's new simulator and a some runs in a 2009-spec car.

"First of all, in not so long we will have our simulator ready - this is good news for him and for us," he added. "I think that we will also be able to plan a couple of days with the demo car."

Boullier said Renault has plenty to be optimistic about heading into the winter break and that it would be bolstering its team ahead of next season.

"There are many things that the team will announce soon, in the coming weeks and the coming months," he said. "Let's not forget that the team's current identity is only a couple of years old and it is clear that we have made some strategic investments like the wind tunnel, like the CFD pole and like the building of the simulator- it will be a state of the art simulator.

"We are also in the process to reinforce our team with the recruitment of some key people, some of them have already joined us and some are to be announced soon but we can't say too much at this stage as some of them are currently on gardening leave.

"Next year, we will also have an upgrade of our facilities trackside, in fact it is going to be a complete change with a new engineers truck, a new infrastructure for the team garage, which of course will also have an impact on our image and obviously Kimi joining us is a big step in reinforcing the investment Genii Capital is putting in the team at every level."

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Wed 7 Dec - 16:09

'Schumacher used driving aids' - Verstappen

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/272516/schumacher-used-driving-aids-verstappen/

7 December 2011
Jos Verstappen has reiterated his feelings that former Benetton team-mate Michael Schumacher used a selection of driving aids during the 1994 Formula 1 season, explaining that 'there is no way he could have been so fast' in a standard car.

The Dutchman, who claimed two podium finishes during his time in the sport, was left convinced when team boss Flavio Briatore refused to talk about the matter.

Jos Verstappen"You see, Michael also depends on machinery," Verstappen told Dutch magazine NUsport. "For most people he was God, but he’s not Superman, he never was. When I went karting with him he never beat me. I know what happened when we were together at Benetton in 1994, there is a reason.

"People think I'm looking for an excuse when I say this, but I just know that his car was different compared to my car that year. I kept thinking that this cannot be done! I would brake on the limit and go as hard as I could into every corner. So what could I do when Schumacher was able to do that and not me? It just wasn’t right."

Verstappen added that although the team will never admit it, after a drive in Schumacher's 'normal' car at Hockenheim, the situation became clear in his mind.

Schumacher narrowly claimed the 1994 title"There were electronic aids," he commented. "They will never admit it, but I am convinced of it. I later asked Flavio Briatore, who had brought me to Benetton and was then the team's manager. He said 'Let's not talk about it.' So I know enough now.

"I drove Michael's car a few times, at Hockenheim for example, but I spun off. There's no way that he could have been so fast with that set-up. But the system that Michael used wasn't in the car at that moment."

Schumacher dramatically sealed the 1994 Drivers' crown by one point, having collided with Williams driver Damon Hill in the Adelaide finale during their battle for the lead.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  lastgard Wed 7 Dec - 23:26

schumi cheating? Rolling Eyes
lastgard
lastgard

http://www.quelbonvent.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Wed 14 Dec - 17:35

Scuderia Toro Rosso will have a completely new driver line-up for the 2012 Formula 1 season, made up of Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Eric Vergne.

http://www.scuderiatororosso.com/cs/Satellite/en_INT/Article/Scuderia-Toro-Rosso-announces-all-new-driver-line-021243137300196

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next