FORUM JACQUES VILLENEUVE LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Videochat
Connectez votre webcam et venez discuter sur Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
--------
Go and chat with webcam on Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
Le Deal du moment :
Xiaomi Mi Smart Camera 2K Standard Edition (design ...
Voir le deal
11.39 €

Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid

+2
Monte Cristo
Cassee
6 posters

Go down

Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid Empty Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid

Post  Cassee Thu 10 Mar - 18:14

Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid

http://www.racer.com/villeneuve-considers-las-vegas-indycar-bid/article/198064/

I thought he might as long as he gets a good car.

Do you think Lotus is involved?

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid Empty Re: Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid

Post  Monte Cristo Thu 10 Mar - 18:24

Cassee wrote:Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid

http://www.racer.com/villeneuve-considers-las-vegas-indycar-bid/article/198064/

I thought he might as long as he gets a good car.

Do you think Lotus is involved?

I wish!

Good news, thanks.
Monte Cristo
Monte Cristo
Irrecuperable / Grand malade

Back to top Go down

Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid Empty Re: Villeneuve considers Las Vegas IndyCar bid

Post  SpeedMetal Thu 10 Mar - 19:30

Thanks Cassee for the thread! cheers

IMVHO, JV is one the very few that could succeed...

But I would prefer that he get an additional race in Nascar instead of racing in that Russian roulette...

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  abf1 Thu 10 Mar - 19:59

WTF !?

abf1

http://www.mypitstop.fr

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Thu 10 Mar - 20:43

abf1 wrote:WTF !?
lol!

IndyCar: Jacques Villeneuve vaguely interested to compete in the $5 million Las Vegas race By René Fagnan,

Thursday, March 10, 2011

http://www.auto123.com/en/racing-news/other/indycar-jacques-villeneuve-vaguely-interested-to-compete-in-the-5-million-las?artid=128837

He's not closing the door Neutral scratch

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  sessions Fri 11 Mar - 15:18

5 million reasons makes sense. If JV snubs his nose at this opportunity he'd be in remiss. If it's true that Chip has been in contact it would be a major mistake not to follow up. Win Las Vegas and doors will open up. Lets face it, JV has to get something going.

My fingers are crossed.

sessions

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Fri 11 Mar - 15:26

sessions, I think you are located in Hawaï, does the tsunami (that hit Japan and was supposed to hit Hawaï actually) represent a risk for you?

Last edited by SpeedMetal on Sun 13 Mar - 3:50; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : hit)

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Fri 11 Mar - 17:06

Montoya is leading the poll with JV second.

http://forums.autosport.com/index.php?showtopic=143619&st=0

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  kineticKid Sat 12 Mar - 15:01

I would entertain it, as he could use it to invest in his own satellite Nationwide team. I'm sure JV has plenty of money, but he shouldn't be spending it to go racing. However, winning a purse in a racing venture to help support another one is slightly more palatable, I think. Maybe it could be the beginning of a partnership with Ganassi or Penske.

kineticKid
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  sessions Sun 13 Mar - 2:37

KK,

Yes we were hit, thank goodness no one was harmed. Kona is on the West coast of the Big Island which was evacuated all along Alii drive and other low laying areas. People gathered on higher ground (Wal Mart parking lot and others) Maybe three thousand cars full of people slept over night until they got the all clear signal the next day. Alii runs along the ocean, some businesses on the seaside were damaged. The street itself was damaged severely. The pier where the cruise ships bring tourist to was under water, and the newly renovated King Kam Hotel had a couple of feet of water in the lobby and main floor. Sadly it will close approx. 3 mo. only to be renovated again. The dock (size of a football field) is closed until it is deemed structurally sound. Could take months as well. There goes summer cruise ship business. The Kona Inn, an old landmark boardwalk and wooden buildings also received damage on the sea-side of the sprawling complex. More things are and will be popping up, but all in all we were lucky.
No one was injured. Kind of just a little rough love for our Island compared to what the poor people of Japan are experiencing. Super sad my friend.

Thanks for the concern.. sessions

Last edited by sessions on Sun 13 Mar - 2:44; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : words)

sessions
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Sun 13 Mar - 15:30

Glad you're alright sessions. Sorry to hear about the damage.

Villeneuve, Solberg could do Vegas

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/89889

By Glenn Freeman and David Evans Saturday, March 12th 2011, 15:05 GMT

Jacques Villeneuve and Petter Solberg are among the contenders for the guest slots in the IndyCar finale at Las Vegas, this week's AUTOSPORT magazine reveals.

A $5 million bonus is on offer for any 'wild-card' driver who can win the Las Vegas IndyCar Series event this year.

AUTOSPORT understands that discussions between 1995 Indianapolis 500 winner and CART Indycar champion Villeneuve and series bosses regarding Vegas are underway.

Villeneuve has not raced in Indy-style racing since September 1995, when he bowed out as champion and headed to Formula 1 with Williams.

He has always ruled out returning to American single-seater racing, and declined to comment on the Las Vegas race earlier this week. But a spokesperson for the 1997 world champion confirmed that discussions were ongoing.

2003 World Rally champion Solberg has also expressed an interest in entering the IndyCar finale.

Series chief Randy Bernard is thought to be interested in getting a rally driver to compete, and Solberg told AUTOSPORT that he would love to have a go.

"I always wanted to try something like this," said the Norwegian. "Competing at an event like this would be good fun.

"I have tested a Le Mans car and a Formula 1 car, so I don't think the driving challenge would be a problem for me."

------------

I think JV would love the challenge in the right equipment if nothing else is on. May be his only chance to drive an OW car again.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Cassee Mon 14 Mar - 13:25

Villeneuve chases $5 million prize
March 14, 2011 by joesaward

http://joesaward.wordpress.com/2011/03/14/villeneuve-chases-5-million-prize/

Jacques Villeneuve is a man who has not finished with top level motor racing just yet. The soon-to-be-40-year-old was trying last year to put together a Formula 1 team, for which he was going to drive. Prior to that he was talking to other teams about rides in 2010. He is still keen to get back, despite having been shown the door in 2006 when BMW took over Sauber and put in Robert Kubica instead. Since then he has raced for Peugeot at Le Mans and done various things in NASCAR, the Speedcar Series in the Middle East and in V8 Supercars in Australia. Now, it seems, he has decided that it would be a great idea to try to win IndyCar’s one-off prize for a non-championship driver to win the final race of the year at Las Vegas. It is a nice promotional idea and it has got people talking about IndyCar again and Villeneuve is one man who might be able to do it. Let us not forget that before he won the 1997 Formula 1 World Championship, he was racing in the United States and won the Indianapolis 500 in 1995 and the CART title the same year… Ok, that was 16 years ago, but JV is still keen – and he is looking for a car.

I think JV is hungrier now than ever. Sponsors should be taking advantage.

He has weathered DR and Theissen who tried to break his spirit and now he is on fire.

Cassee
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down