FORUM JACQUES VILLENEUVE LOUNGE
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
New Videochat
Connectez votre webcam et venez discuter sur Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
--------
Go and chat with webcam on Quick Visio JV-LOUNGE
Le Deal du moment : -50%
-50% Baskets Nike Air Huarache
Voir le deal
64.99 €

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks

+19
Zacthedog
lastgard
C.B.
Anstor
Dantech
BradPitStop
slick
kineticKid
Kurski
SamYang
Simon
fish
Stefdy68
Monte Cristo
ZingBot
SpeedMetal
abf1
zigzag
Cassee
23 posters

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 13 Empty Re: Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks

Post  BradPitStop Fri 14 Feb - 22:20

Here is an article I had not seen anywhere that includes different questions and answers. Quite good.
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/rally/villeneuve-to-race-in-world-rallycross/?
BradPitStop
BradPitStop
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 13 Empty

Post  Marcus Sat 15 Feb - 1:30

Thank you, now we know why he did not go in rally. Nice video to, nice to see him in a car.

Marcus
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 13 Empty Re: Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks

Post  SpeedMetal Sat 15 Feb - 10:52

BradPitStop wrote:

Here is an article I had not seen anywhere that includes different questions and answers. Quite good.
http://www.motorsportmagazine.com/race/rally/villeneuve-to-race-in-world-rallycross/?

You're right, full of interesting infos! Thx Brad!

SpeedMetal
Irrecuperable / Grand malade

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Sun 16 Feb - 16:37

BradPitStop wrote:

Thanks Cool 
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Sun 16 Feb - 16:40

Anyone who has read this?

Former world champion Jacques Villeneuve fears for F1's future
By Glenn Freeman Thursday, February 13th 2014, 16:21 GMT

Villeneuve fears for F1's future

Jacques Villeneuve has hit out at the direction Formula 1 is heading, stating that he fears for the sport's future based on the rule changes made in recent years.

Speaking at the reveal of his 2014 World Rallycross programme, the 1997 world champion told AUTOSPORT that he is worried F1 is becoming too artificial because it is "trying to cater to the wrong people".

"I'm worried about the state of F1, I just hope I'm wrong," said Villeneuve, who still attends grands prix as a TV pundit.

"I don't understand what they are trying to do. I don't understand the concept.

Watch the reveal of Villeneuve's Rallycross programme

"Formula 1 is not epic anymore, the drivers are not heroes. The problem is that the changes are being made in an artificial way and that doesn't work.

"It may be fun for six months, but after that everyone gets bored, and once you start going artificial you have to do it more and more to the point where it's not even real racing anymore."

While Villeneuve highlighted some of the changes for 2014 as concerning, he added that previous additions to the sport such as DRS - introduced in 2011 - were signs that Formula 1 is heading in the wrong direction.

"With the engine regulations, everything is so restrictive that it's not Formula 1 anymore, there's nothing special about it," he added.

"Conserving fuel is fine, and it was great in the past. The problem is that the drivers don't have to do it. It's all done electronically.

"You sit there and it saves fuel for you, and that defeats the purpose.

"The epic has been taken out of F1. The overtaking happens because you press a button, not because you make a special move."

CATERING TO THE WRONG PEOPLE

"They are trying to cater to the wrong people," he said. "They are trying to cater to the 'greens', but F1 is not green so there is no point even trying.

"It gives a good image to governments and parliaments but it's not F1.

"And they want to cater to the younger fans that don't have an attention span, and just want an overtake every two seconds even if it is a terrible one, because they don't understand it.

"I'm a purist and I love the sport. I loved the 60s and 70s, when the fans even enjoyed the races where only four cars finished and they were two laps apart.

"You respected what the drivers had done, what they had achieved.

"They are making a lot of decisions that in the long run are not helping F1."
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Mon 17 Feb - 8:05

Yep. Been posted a few times in French already, and it looks like the second article dug some deeper into it and cited more comments. Never goes silent when jacques comments racing... maybe due to his not being politically correct and irreverencious.  Laughing 

http://www.lhf.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Mon 17 Feb - 10:29

Simon wrote:Yep. Been posted a few times in French already, and it looks like the second article dug some deeper into it and cited more comments. Never goes silent when jacques comments racing... maybe due to his not being politically correct and irreverencious.  Laughing 

Sorry Simon, I do not visit the french post/comments due to no knowledge of the French language. Crying or Very sad 
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Mon 17 Feb - 10:35

No worries Anstor!  Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post  Kurski Mon 17 Feb - 11:38

Kurski
Kurski
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Mon 17 Feb - 11:48

Kurski wrote:Pollock: Villeneuve will be well-suited to rallycross
http://www.maxrally.com/2014/02/17/pollock-villeneuve-will-be-well-suited-to-rallycross

May I conclude from this article that Pollack still has some influence on the future of JV, or are they permanently separated?
I thought to know that someone else is JV's manager! I lost his name.
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 13 Empty Brundle slams Villeneuve for F1 'boot'

Post  Anstor Tue 18 Feb - 16:15

Brundle vs. Villeneuve

Martin Brundle has scolded former F1 rival Jacques Villeneuve, after the 1997 world champion attacked the sport's new V6 era.
As his new foray in the world rallycross series was launched last week, 42-year-old French Canadian Villeneuve slammed not only F1's new 'greener' guise, he also denounced the drivers of 2014 as "mediocre".
"(It) angers me when former F1 drivers stick a boot into F1 for publicity," Brundle, now a highly-respected commentator for British television, wrote on Twitter, without referring to Villeneuve by name.
"They had privileged chances, success, cash. Give something positive back," he added.

Source http://www.motorsport.com/
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Tue 18 Feb - 19:58

Jacques always said what was on his mind, even back when he was behind the wheel of one of these... Think that's gonna change now? Not... Cool 

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Wed 19 Feb - 10:51

Simon wrote:Jacques always said what was on his mind, even back when he was behind the wheel of one of these... Think that's gonna change now? Not... Cool 

JV is a champion, a race winner and speaks his mind. Mr Brundle: Sorry you have no point.
Jacques always spoke his mind & glad he hasn't lost that one, the others speak in Bernie's pocket.
F1 is a become a joke now; the cars are so automated that basically anyone could hop in and drive. Chould we go back to the switch manually like early day's?
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Sun 23 Feb - 16:26

www.autosport.com
Former F1 champion Jacques Villeneuve tests rallycross Peugeot

Former Formula 1 world champion Jacques Villeneuve tested the car he will drive in the new-for-2014 World Rallycross Championship on Saturday.

The French-Canadian driver completed ten four-lap runs in the Albatec Racing-run Peugeot 208 Supercar at Lydden Hill, Kent, where the second round of the new world series will take place on May 24-25.

"It's great to finally drive on a proper world championship rallycross track with a combination of asphalt and gravel.Lydden Hill is great, a real fun track," said Villeneuve.

"It's been a fun experience working with the team. Andy [Scott, team principal] stands out because of his passion for the sport.

"You don't do rallycross because of the jet set, you do it because of the racing, so now I'm really looking forward to going head-to-head with the other drivers at the first round in Portugal."

Villeneuve's running was cut short in the morning by power steering problems but they were resolved by the team and experienced no further issues.

"It's vital that Jacques gets as much track time as possible, on different circuits, to help him acclimatise to a world rallycross car," said Scott.

"We chose Lydden Hill as it is the perfect circuit for this, providing a good mixture of challenges. We will test again before the season starts."
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Sun 23 Feb - 21:59

Hey thx Anstor for the article!

I guess that it is gonna be really difficult for JV to get the same volume of practice than the one he had before his first season in F1...

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Mon 24 Feb - 14:56

SpeedMetal wrote:Hey thx Anstor for the article!

I guess that it is gonna be really difficult for JV to get the same volume of practice than the one he had before his first season in F1...

Indeed, you have a point, but I think the period of JV with Skoda that he took part of some races in the Andros thropy do have taught and learnd him lots of skills and steerage.
He will probably have to learn the new Peugeot and feel.
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Mon 24 Feb - 18:30

Nevertheless, my main concerns are more in regard with external variables...  Neutral 

I do believe that, if he ever have a flying saucer (in hand) for the first time, he will drive it to its limits right away...

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Mon 24 Feb - 18:30

alien 

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 13 Empty Indy 500

Post  C.B. Mon 24 Feb - 21:24

C.B.
C.B.
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  Dantech Mon 24 Feb - 22:09

Incredible news!!! C.B.  Very Happy

This is going to bring lots of attention here's more:

http://indysportsreport.com/2014/02/1995-indy-500-winner-jacques-villeneuve-gets-500-ride-may/

Montoya and possibly Kurt Bush at Indy also... more to come.
Dantech
Dantech
Ventilator / Ventilo
Ventilator / Ventilo

Back to top Go down

Post  SamYang Tue 25 Feb - 6:39

Wow... I'd never thought he'd drive an openwheeler on an oval again as father of four children.

SamYang
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Simon Tue 25 Feb - 7:39

Hmmmm.... We'll that's good news but I wonder what he wants to prove there, after what he's done before. Does he get a car that will give him a shot to the checkered flag?

Back to top Go down

Post  SamYang Tue 25 Feb - 8:03

Simon Pagenaud was 3rd in the championship last year with the same team, so i guess they know how to build a fast car  Jacques Villeneuve : news & talks - Page 13 597745380 

SamYang
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  SpeedMetal Tue 25 Feb - 13:13

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sam_Schmidt_Motorsports

That's the one with whom Tag had his pole at the Indy race of 2011...

But, the chances for JV to win are very very thin... even considering his great talents...

SpeedMetal

Back to top Go down

Post  Anstor Tue 25 Feb - 13:40

Great and good news.
Can all this be combined (rallycross - TV pundit)?
Anstor
Anstor
Mythomaniac / Mythomane
Mythomaniac / Mythomane

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next